The Notice Company
Oriented Strand Board Class Action Lawsuit and Settlements
Home Request Documents FAQ Contact Info

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I exclude myself from the settlements?

You may exclude yourself from any or all of the five settlements, or any combination thereof.

To exclude yourself, you must mail a written request to be excluded from a settlement to:
OSB Opt Outs
c/o The Notice Company
P.O. Box 778
Hingham, MA 02043

The written request must include your name, address and telephone number, and specifically state that you request exclusion from the LP, Norbord, Weyerhaeuser, Tolko and/or Potlatch settlements. If you do not specifically request exclusion from one (or more) of the settlements, you will be deemed to not have excluded yourself from that settlement.

Attached to your written request for exclusion from one or more of the settlements should be a statement describing any purchases of OSB made from June 1, 2002 through August 1, 2008, including the manufacturer of the OSB and the dates and amounts of such purchases.

The written request for exclusion must be received no later than November 3, 2008.